Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunshine, Moms, and Dragon Dancers

On this beautiful Mothers Day, we celebrated by kicking off the 2012 season of the Astoria Sunday Market. I awoke early to a very snugly Lydia smiling and cooing. Annika was up shortly after, ready to hit the market; the Dragon Dancers were to be there. For at least 6 months, it has been her dream to see them perform.


Just as the market opened, drums beat, and the dragon danced and swiveled it's way through the streets with drums booming. It was epic, as expected. Lydia danced to the beat and Annika was so happy when the dragon dropped it's huge head right at her eye level and stared her down as it passed, she nearly cried.

After bringing me a special decaf chai tea, Josh and the girls headed home. Sales were great, our best day ever! I guess this means I can go wild buying more fabric! Just kidding... sort of. Sitting in the tent in shorts and sandals, I was just a little too warm, which is an amazing event here in Astoria. It was perfect.

The booth has a new look this year, which I'm thrilled about. Things are beginning to come together.






Worn out from the fun, Lydia sleeping in her infant seat.
With each Mother's Day, I feel even more blessed to have such perfect, sweet, loveable little girls in my life. This day makes me reflect on how thankful I am for my babies. They are all the gift I need; Annika's sweet "Happy Mothers Day" in her first thing in the morning voice, and Lydia's wide excited eyes to see me. How lucky I am to have my family.

To all you mothers, mine included, I hope your day was filled with love and warmth.

Deanna

P.S.
Happy Mother's Day Mom, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment