Sunday, May 6, 2012

Block Prints and a Fever

Hi everyone. My blog posts are quite sporadic as of late; I've been pouring every spare second into preparing for the Astoria Sunday Market which starts next Sunday, and printing & sewing for Salty Style's Zulily event the beginning of July. Twenty dresses are complete and ready for market and I'm hoping to finish up pants, dishtowels, and several dozen onesies this week. Today, I printed 200 shirts for the Zulily sale.


This one is a tunic for market, but is what the new dresses (Beach Bloom) will look like.
The back of our Expedition, filled with 180 yards of dress fabric!
Our kitchen looks pretty ridiculous with drying lines strung along the window wall, paint splatters covering the front of the stove (oops) and shirts piled everywhere. We had one of the most beautiful days here in Astoria; warm and calm, bright and sunny. I drug myself out of bed early, even with Josh offering to take the girls downstairs and let me sleep, so that I could print and we could enjoy the beach.


That plan crashed miserably when Annika threw up at breakfast, poor thing. She spiked a fever of 102.3 and said, "I'm too tired to play. I think I better snuggle with a blanket." Broke my heart, poor baby.

Alternating between printing feverishly, and snuggling a feverish little girl, I managed to print half of the recent T-shirt order. I think I'm going to make the 1,500 articles of clothing goal by July!

 Oh, and I carved a new block today; a baby whale for onesies.


Lydia had a giggly day playing with her Daddy, and is much happier now that two of her teeth finally cut through. She now has 6!


I hope you enjoyed the sunshine from the outside of your windows; we stayed in all day. The bright sun did help my paint dry extra fast shining through the kitchen window, so that worked out well.

Wishing you a wonderful week!

Deanna

P.S.
Here's a picture that Josh snapped the last time we were at the beach. I'm calculating profit margins in the sand; shameful.

1 comment:

  1. Lol...ive done worse, congrats on finding the motivation to be soooooo productive, impressive!! Especially considering OUR sleep schedules, or lack there of, lol :)))

    ReplyDelete