Sunday, February 5, 2012

To Blog or Not to Blog...

I hear that one of the best ways to build an online business is to blog. Being the most technologically illiterate person I know, this is an intimidating idea. Also adding to the blogging complication is the fact that most of my typing, usually on facebook, is done while reaching over a sleeping baby, often with the eraser end of a pencil to extend my reach. But, here goes... I'm blogging!

In Astoria this weekend, we had nothing but sunshine. I would have called it a bit crisp for a summer day, but unbelievably beautiful for winter time. We get a few sunny, warm days in February every year. I think it's Mother Nature's way of reminding us that there really is a reason we've chosen to live this far north of the equator. Summer will one day return, and we will begin to remember what it's like to feel warm(ish.)

Anyway, where I was going with my above paragraph is that during the sunny weekend, I spent my time sewing. I'm itching to add product to the Salty Style market booth this spring & summer, and to the website. (www.saltystyle.bigcartel.com) In two days, I made six dresses, experimenting with new patterns. I made three for my oldest daughter, one for my youngest, and two for birthday gifts. I'm a little obsessed and can't wait to sit down at the sewing machine again when I have a spare moment. Hopefully I'll also find time to include the new items on the website soon.

As I find these rare but sweet moments of quiet, I'll keep writing. I promise that my posts will be about other matters besides clothing, sewing, and blatantly promoting my website. I would feel honored and thrilled if you would come along on this blogging journey, and leave comments and feedback when you are inspired.

Thanks for reading!

Deanna

2 comments:

  1. Deanna! You're blogging. That's excellent. I'm always tempted to start, but afraid I won't be able to keep up with it. Maybe you'll be a good inspiration.

    I recently started knitting, so I know what you mean about getting obsessed with sewing. It's fun. Bye for now!

    Jillany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jillany, you should blog! You are a wonderful writer; I would read your posts. What are you knitting? I'll look for pictures of your creations on fb :)
    Take care, and thanks for commenting!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete